Friday, November 9, 2012

mini purse

I saw this mini purse made out of the mug framelit in the Holiday Catalog called Holiday Collection.  It is made to be used with the Hot Chocolate Mug but Penny Smiley thought to turn it on it's side and make a purse out of it.  I made 10 of these to give to my Girl Scouts yesterday and put a Hershey mini candy bar inside but it stuck out the sides so I am hunting for a smaller piece of candy to put in and be completely hidden.

You start by using the 1/2" Circle Punch and punching along the top of a strip of cardstock, I used Real Red.  Then place the mug framelit so the handle frames the hole you just punched.  Do this twice for the front and back of the purse.  I ran my purses thru a Stampin' Up! Embossing Folder and tried several but this one from the Delicate Designs Folder on page 188 was my favorite.  I made a little insert out of a piece of cardstock that measured 1"x1 1/2" and scored along the side.  Lined up the bottom of cardstock and purse and adhere with sticky strip and embellished!   Aren't they adorable?  I don't know who like them the best, the girls or their Moms.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhhhhhh those were some lucky girl scouts my friend. Your cocoa-channel (teehee) purse is darling. WTG, love the lil tags on it too.

    ReplyDelete