Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Changing lanes...

When you make cards different situations come up and you have to be able to change how your brain thinks in a matter of minutes.   Today I had to take a break from my Valentine cards and make a card for my nephew who is having surgery to repair a badly broken collarbone and then a sympathy card for a family member.

The card for Charlie was a fun one that just kept going and going in my little pea brain.  I used Boatloads of Love and the little dinghy stamp is my favorite in that set.  The clouds are embossed in White and so is the heart.  Each set of waves is cut out and layered.  

The sympathy was CASED from someone on Splitcoast, at least I think that is where I saw it.  I went back and searched and couldn't find the card that I saw and used for inspiration.  I used Organic Outlines and embossed the image in black and then cut into 4 equal pieces, layered on Very Vanilla and then Basic Black.  The card base is Kiwi Kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment