Friday, May 10, 2013

Pop N Cuts box

I love the new Pop N Cuts Die for my Big Shot and I love it even more now that I found out how to make it into a box!   Tanya Bell had some directions on her blog and I was off to the races.  It only takes a few moments and you have an adorable box that could hold all sorts of wonderful treasures.  They are so simple to make that next week in Girl Scouts we will be making these boxes to put treats in for our nursing home friends.  I am sure the girls will want to make one for themselves too.

Here are some quick directions.
Die Cut one Pop N Cuts Base and score at 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 4 1/2", 6 1/2", 8 1/2", and 9 1/2".
Use Large Oval Punch to punch handle in each end, punch one and then hold together to make sure they line up while you punch the second oval.

Adhere a piece of Designer Series Paper cut at 4" x 1 3/4" to the third scored section, add other embellishments.  I used the new and upcoming Hostess set Banner Greetings and a Bright Button tied with a little White Baker's Twine and attached with glue dots.

Make the sides for the box by cutting out 2 pieces of corresponding cardstock at 2 1/2" x 3".
Score on 3" end at 1/2" and 2 1/2".  Turn 90 degrees and score at 1/2"  along one side.  Cut out little squares and fold.  I used Tombow Liquid Glue to attach the sides to the box.


They really are that simple, and even stay closed by putting the tabs into the slots at the top!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful box! I think you may have convinced me to buy this die! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete