Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hoop LaLa Birthday

I needed a card for my favorite Aunt who will be celebrating her birthday this weekend.  Of course I procrastinated and left it till the day after it probably should have gone in the mailbox.  She knows I am the Queen of Procrastinators so she will understand if it arrives late.

I used some of the fabric that is retired and is now only 99 cents for 3 fat quarters.  Actually the fabric is bigger than a fat quarter so 99 cents is a HUGE deal.  There now I don't feel crazy for ordering 6 of each of the 4 designs that are on sale on the Clearance Rack.  I took a piece of the fabric and cut out a square a little larger than the scallop on the Big Shot Die and also cut out a square of the Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheet and adhered them together.  Then I ran it thru the Big Shot.  Stamped the background using tone on tone Daffodil Delight with the Sweet Stitches Jumbo Wheel.  I cut my wheel apart and made separate stamps out of it so mine might not look exactly like the wheel.  Stamped the embroidery hoop in Crumb Cake marker and Versamark on the "metal" part and embossed that part with Silver Embossing Powder.  Looks really cute in person.  The rest is pretty self explanatory and I hope she enjoys getting it as much as I enjoyed making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment