Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jacob the Peacock

I live in New Richmond, or actually up the hill from New Richmond and down by the Ohio River lives Jacob the peacock.  I am not sure where Jacob came from but he wanders around the whole village at his leisure posing for photos and occasionally pecking a kid or two.  He does not like kids looking him at eye level, he is a male after all and he thinks he needs to protect his harem of ducks and geese who also are down by the river.

I made this card using the Peacock single stamp and the Works of Art stamp set.  I think I like how it turned out, I think I would have liked it better if the colors had been more of a jewel tone.  Maybe next time.  I softened the edges with my Aquapainter and that really softened up the card.  The ribbon is the new Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon, seriously easy to tie and so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment