Monday, January 12, 2009

She said YES!


My oldest nephew Brad asked Meg to marry him last night and had us all share in his joy by surprising her at a place downtown.  What a night!!!  I made them a card to go with their engagement gift.  Strange thing is the ring is embossed in silver but it keeps showing up in gold, go figure.

I used a Stampin' Up Note Card and made a mask by punching out the center of a scrap piece of paper using the Wide Oval Punch. Stamped the ring from the NEW Hostess Set, Goody Goody Gumdrops in the center and using my Versamarker colored in the ring and embossed.  I masked the diamond part and sponged the oval in Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze.  When that looked good I used my 2 Way Glue Pen and put Dazzling Diamond on the diamond itself.  Very pretty in person and you can even see a bit of it's bling captured in the photo.  All in all I was very pleased with the results, but not as happy as I am to have Meg join our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment