Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Can't see the forest for the trees

I really shouldn't tease you like this but if you had signed up to be a SU! demo in my group you would already have this stamp set in your stampin' room.  There is still time to get 15% off and a free stamp set any price in your starter kit if you join my group today.

This card was made using the new stamp set found in the Occasions Mini called Forest Friends.  The images are absolutely adorable, I bought it because it had animals straight out of Bambi and of course the bunny was a must have.  I loved the tree image too, it reminded me of that Primitive Art style I like so much or maybe it is the Folk Art style.  I don't know.   On to the card, Jean came over to make an Easter card and while we didn't have much luck with replicating one we had seen online we did end up making this card.  As we were cleaning up I came across a mask/template I had made with the Wide Oval punch.  So we used that and I came up with this card.  I think it is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever made.  I used Baja Breeze and Basic Black and stamped on Very Vanilla.  I stamped with Black Staz On which I think gives a blacker black, and I really like the smell of the ink as a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment