Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Gilburt

Everyone who knows me knows I want grandkids in the worst way.  So while I patiently wait I make do with my grandbunny Gilburt.  Gilburt just turned one and is an adorable Easter bunny.  When we went to see his mommy and her photographs in the Juried Student Art Show at NKU I took him a card with a little "green" in it. (Small shameless plug, Kaylee was awarded a Juried Award, go see her pics, well worth the little drive over there) I used the new set An Eggcellent Easter and paper pieced the balloons and the bunny vest.  I got the idea to make the egg on a string into a balloon at Suzanne's workshop.  One of the ladies questioned why there was a balloon in the set.  The "balloon" is actually an egg on a string but it works as a balloon too! I used Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Pirouette Pink card stock and used a Chocolate Chip marker to ink the bunny omitting the eggs he is juggling.  The sentiment is from the Sale A Bration set Yummy.  I used the marker here too and left out the heart.

Here's to Gilburt, my number one grandbunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment