Friday, July 6, 2012

Reason to Smile Watercolor

Today I tried my hand at watercoloring with the Aquapainter.  I took a piece of Stampin' Up! watercolor paper and cut it down to about 2" by 3" and with Marina Mist, More Mustard and Lucky Limeade I just washed color across with a moist Aquapainter.  Hit it with the Heat Gun and then shaped the image from the Reason to Smile Stamp Set in Early Espresso.  Early Espresso is NOT waterproof so any additional color put on has to be done with care.  I added some deeper color in More Mustard on the flower and a little Early Espresso and a little Lucky Limeade.  .  Did a little paper piercing with the NEW paper piercer which fits in your hand so nicely.  Added my favorite embellishment an Antique Brad and a little Marina Mist ribbon and put it all on a Pool Party base.  I think it turned out pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment